I don’t normally make New Year’s Resolutions. It’s not because I invariably break them only a few weeks into the new year, either. It’s because I don’t think we should wait until the beginning of a new year to better ourselves. I think whenever we notice something in our behaviour that should be changed, we should take the steps necessary to fix it immediately, rather than waiting for some arbitrary turn of a calendar page.
But, nonetheless, I am endeavouring to make a few resolutions this year and stick to them for longer than a month or so. Here they are, in no particular order. Read ’em and help keep me accountable!
1. Write or edit for at least an hour a day
2. Exercise for at least half an hour a day, five times a week
3. Do some sort of networking activity every day – find and comment on new blogs, follow new people on Twitter, comment more on forums, etc
4. Make a commitment to being in Temple every Sunday morning at 9:30, unless deathly ill or out of town
5. Take at least ten photos every day and post the best one on my photography blog
Well, there you have it. I think these are reasonable, don’t you? It should be relatively easy to stick to them…I hope.